Wednesday, February 01, 2012

INFO: Update to Minority and Cross Cultural Aspects of Neuropsych Assessment

Based on (potential) author feedback to my post yesterday, some themes that are emerging include the following.  Contact me if interested in contributing a chapter, writing an overview chapter, or perhaps serving as an ad-hoc reviewer.

Emerging Themes

1.       Neuropsych consequences of TBI/CHI in minority and CC populations

2.       Health/lifestyle impacts on neurpsych performance in minority and CC populations

3.       Impact of multi-racial background(s) on neuropsych performance and assessment

4.       Brain injury and rehab in minority and CC groups

5.       Alaskan Natives/indigenous cultures

6.       Neuropsych predictors of interpersonal violence among minority and CC populations

7.        Pediatric neuropsych issues (e.g., LD, ADHD, Autism, etc.)

Thanks

RF

F. Richard Ferraro, Ph.D.

Professor of Psychology

Chester Fritz Distinguished Professor

Director, General/Experimental Ph.D. Program

Fellow, National Academy of Neuropsychology

Dept. Psychology - University of North Dakota

Corwin-Larimore Rm. 215

319 Harvard Street Stop 8380

Grand Forks, ND  58202-8380

701-777-2414 (O)

701-777-3454 (FAX)

f.richard.ferraro@email.und.edu

material. Any review, transmission, re-transmission, dissemination or

other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information

by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the

material from any computer.

From: Yvette Tazeau <ytazeau@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 10:49 AM
To: "HNPS@googlegroups.com" <HNPS@googlegroups.com>

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Ferraro, F. Richard" <f.richard.ferraro@EMAIL.UND.EDU>
Date: January 31, 2012 6:14:42 AM PST
To: DIV45@LISTS.APA.ORG

In 2002, I edited Minority and Cross Cultural Aspects of Neuropsychological Assessment (ISBN 90-265-1830-7) for Swets and Zeitlinger.  A recent discussion with the Series Editor about an update to this 2002 book prompted this email.  The 2002 book included sections on African/Black Americans, Asian/Pacific Islanders, Hispanic/Latino, Native American, Rural/Elderly/Saudi Arabia along with an Introduction and Epilogue/Future Directions.  If you, your colleagues and/or your students would be interested in submitting a chapter on these or other groups, let me know.  I am sure I left out some minority groups in 2002 that would now be a welcome addition.  A short description of your possible chapter would be helpful as well as the specific group(s) you are interested in writing about.  Chapters can empirical, theoretical, or both.

RF

F. Richard Ferraro, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology
Chester Fritz Distinguished Professor
Director, General/Experimental Ph.D. Program Fellow, National Academy of Neuropsychology Dept. Psychology - University of North Dakota Corwin-Larimore Rm. 215
319 Harvard Street Stop 8380
Grand Forks, ND  58202-8380
701-777-2414 (O)
701-777-3454 (FAX)
f.richard.ferraro@email.und.edu

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication is confidential, may be privileged and is meant only for the intended recipients. You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Hispanic Neuropsychological Society" newsgroup. To post to this group, send email to HNPS@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to HNPS-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/HNPS?hl=en