Sent from my iPad
Begin forwarded message:
Click on this link to unsubscribe from this list UNSUBSCRIBE
Here is a great opportunity to get one of your division's ECP members involved in APA Governance.
Chad Rummel, MEd | Communications Manager
Division Services Office | Governance Affairs
CODAPAR Staff Liaison
American Psychological Association
750 First Street NE, Washington, DC 20002-4242
Tel: (202) 336-6121 | Fax: (202) 218-3599 | email@example.com
Join divisions online at www.apa.org/divapp
The Committee on Early Career Psychologists (CECP) is seeking nominations for two representatives to serve a three-year term
· Represent the early career practice community in APA
· Advance, promote, and advocate for the professional interests of early career practicing psychologists in all settings
· Support early career entry and career development in a shifting marketplace
· Support the development of practice opportunities that enhance the overall health care delivery system
· Develop initiatives and programs within APA that support the needs of early career psychologists in practice settings
· Educate early career members on issues that impact all practicing psychologists
· Ensure that early career practitioner's interests are being represented throughout all of APA's governance
· Establish working relationships with all practice related divisions within APA
· Maintain a working relationship with the APA Practice Directorate and APA Practice Organization
· Serve as the liaison to the Committee on the Advancement for Professional Practice (CAPP)
· Attend and actively participate in the APA Practice Organization's annual State Leadership Conference
Psychology in the Public Interest Representative:
· Serves as the representative of CECP for issues of public interest, including the generation and application of psychological knowledge on issues important to human well being
· Advocates for issues of relevance to early career members of diverse backgrounds, including race/ethnicity, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, and ability status.
· Serve as the liaison to the Board for the Advancement of Psychology in the Public Interest (BAPPI)
· Serve as a monitor to committees that report to BAPPI.
· Develop projects that are relevant to early career psychologists working in the public interest
· Establish relationships and joint projects with staff members of the Public Interest Directorate
· Promote and support activities, projects and programs that encourage members of diverse backgrounds to join APA
Candidates must be an APA member within seven years' receipt of their doctorate degree on January 1, 2013
In addition, you must be able to attend mandatory committee meetings; one in the spring, and two in the fall. Some committee members may be asked to attend additional meetings depending on their position. Meeting expenses are reimbursed by APA.
Although not reimbursed, committee members are highly encouraged to attend and participate in early career programming annually at the APA convention. The committee works extensively through listserv, email, and phone conferences. Applicants should expect to spend a minimum of 5 hours per week engaged in committee activities.
All candidates should include:
1. Statement of Interest from the Nominee
2. Current Curriculum Vitae
3. One Letter of Recommendation
Nomination materials must be received by August 1, 2012. Applicants will be notified in mid-December.
Send Nominations via Email, Mail, or Fax to: Sonja Wiggins
American Psychological Association
750 First Street, NE
Washington, DC 20002
Fax: (202) 216-7628
CECP seeks to represent the interests and concerns of early career psychologists throughout APA. For more information about the committee and other early career resources, please visit the APA early career website at www.apa.org/earlycareer.
If you have any questions, please contact the current Chair, Allison Ponce, PhD at firstname.lastname@example.org
An email will automatically open with "Unsubscribe" in the subject area. Just Send the message, as is, to unsubscribe from this list.
<CECP Call for Nominations 1-24-2012.doc>