Monday, June 22, 2009

Help Division 20 membership grow!

Hello,

As a long-time and proud member of Division 20 I have enjoyed a multitude of
professional benefits of Division 20 including job opportunities, faculty
development, research training, professional mentorship, and networking
contacts. These benefits have helped me throughout my career, and that is
why serving as Membership Chair for Division 20 has been such a special
privilege.

I hope that you are willing to share the benefits of Division 20 membership
with your students and colleagues. One of our goals on the Executive
Committee has been to try and identify 2-3 new members each! If you are not
already a member, please visit the APA Division 20 membership page
(http://apadiv20.phhp.ufl.edu/join.htm) and fill out an application. The
membership page provides a wealth detail of why membership in Division 20 is
such a great professional opportunity. You will become a member upon our
receipt of your online application and a payment fo $44 payable to Division
20. If you are already a member, please feel free to share the APA Division
20 membership page link with your colleagues or students.

We extend special membership fees for students. Student affiliates who do
not want the Journal receive their first year of membership free. Student
affiliates who want the journal should send $26. After the first year, the
student affiliate rate is $12 without the journal and $27 with the journal.

We are also pleased to announce a new membership benefit! Springer
Publishing Company is now providing APA Division 20 members with a 20%
discount for any book at http://www.springerpub.com. We thank Sheri W.
Sussman at Springer for working with us to provide this benefit to D20
members. For more information, please contact swsussman@springerpub.com.
Please feel free to contact me to acquire the special discount code.

Please note that we have designed attractive new brochures to help stimulate
our outreach efforts. If you would like some brochures to post in your
office or share with colleagues, please let me know and I would be happy to
mail you some.

If you have any questions, or if there is anything I can do to help
facilitate your membership or others in APA Division 20, please do not
hesitate to contact me!

Sincerely,

Joe Gaugler
Membership Chair
APA Division 20

_____________________

Joseph E. Gaugler, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, School of Nursing, Center on Aging
McKnight Presidential Fellow
Coordinator of Research Initiatives, Center for Gerontological Nursing
University of Minnesota
6-153 Weaver-Densford Hall,1331
308 Harvard Street S.E.
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Phone: 612-626-2485
Cell Phone: 651-605-5611
Email: gaug0015@umn.edu
Fax: 612-625-7180
http://www.nursing.umn.edu/FacultyStaffandPreceptors/GauglerJoseph/home.html

Electronic messages can be misdirected or intercepted by unintended parties.
The University of Minnesota can not and does not guarantee the
confidentiality of messages sent over the Internet. Messages sent to or
received from work e-mail accounts also may be monitored or viewed by your
employer. If you have received this communication in error, please notify
the sender immediately and delete the information.