Friday, May 20, 2011

INFO: Future of Psychology Practice

From: APA Division Officers list on behalf of Jean Lau Chin
Sent: Fri 5/20/2011 9:32 AM
To: DIVOFFICERS@LISTS.APA.ORG
Subject: [DIVOFFICERS] Future of Psychology Practice

The article that representatives of the joint training councils wrote on the Future of Professional Training following the Presidential Summit on the Future of Psychology Practice in 2009 is now out, published in the TEPP journal.  While not a crystal ball, it illuminates dilemmas in our field as we must consider if we are to train psychologists to be competent and relevant for psychology practice in the future.

Eby, M., Chin, J.L., Rollock, D., Schwartz, J., & Worell, F. (2011) Professional Psychology Training in the Era of a Thousand Flowers: Dilemmas and Debates for the Future.  Training and Education in Professional Psychology, 5(2), 57-68.

Jean Lau Chin, ED.D., ABPP; Email: CEOServices@yahoo.com
Adelphi University, 158 Cambridge Avenue, Rm 323, Garden City, NY 11709, Tel: 516-877-4185; Email: chin@adelphi.edu

President, The Society for the Study of Ethnic Minorities, American Psychological Association
Past-President, Division of Women's Issues, New York State Psychological Association
Join the Diversity and Leadership group on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groupRegistration?gid=2820671

Click on this link to unsubscribe from this list UNSUBSCRIBE

An email will automatically open with "Unsubscribe" in the subject area. Just Send the message, as is, to unsubscribe from this list..