Monday, October 01, 2007

INFO: Invitation to NIH Regional Consultation Meetings on Peer Review

Dear colleagues: Wanted to remind you all in New York and San Francisco that NIH is coming to a hotel near you to hear your comments about peer review. The NIH leadership is canvassing the scientific community for input about what changes are needed in the peer review system. There was a Request for Information to which some of you responded. There have been meetings in Washington that APA staff and other psychologists have attended, and, in addition, the meetings outside Washington in the notice below have been scheduled. We at APA encourage you to take advantage of these opportunities to sound off about peer review and contribute your ideas to improve the system.

Patricia Clem Kobor

Senior Science Policy Analyst

Science Government Relations Office

American Psychological Association