Wednesday, November 08, 2006

INFO: APA Presidential ballots due 11/27

Dear Colleagues,

APA Presidential ballots are due Nov 27. Below is a note from Alan Kazdin, the candidate endorsed by Division 20. Please consider giving him your vote -- and above all, vote!

Cheers, Liz

p.s. Please pass this along to colleagues in your department!

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Alan Kazdin" <kazdin.alan@yale.edu> Date: November 7, 2006 1:37:30 PM CST To: "Colleagues" <itscomm2@yale.edu> Subject: Greetings

Dear Colleague,

I am writing to follow up my prior email to ask you to please vote in the current election for the President of the American Psychological Association. Of course, I would very much like you to vote for me. If you voted already, thank you; please accept my apologies for sending an unnecessary email.

If you have not voted please do—the deadline is Nov 27 for the ballots to be received. It is one thing for me to lose an election (and I have 3 therapists lined up to help me if that is my fate in the next few weeks) but another thing to win or lose and the vast majority of members did not vote (none of the therapists is willing to take that one on). Please vote if you have not.

I would be delighted to hear from you about key issues of concern. I have learned of all sorts of concerns and priorities (e.g., about APA dues, APA don’ts, policy on interrogation, threats to all of our clinical work, grant and funding issues). Thank you for the correspondence. I am eager to develop and work on our agenda with you for APA and our profession.

Thanks for voting, whomever you select.

Best wishes for the coming Holidays,

Alan

-----------------------

To open an attachment, click on the link. If you have problems opening the attachment, try copying the link and pasting it into your web browser.

* Brochure: https://light.its.yale.edu/messages/attachments/w1_20451_AEK_Brochure.pdf

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• Elizabeth A. L. Stine-Morrow APA Division 20 President Department of Educational Psychology 226 Education Building 1310 S. Sixth Street University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Champaign, IL 61820

(217) 244-2167 (office) (217) 244-7620 (fax)

eals@uiuc.edu

http://apadiv20.phhp.ufl.edu/ http://www.ed.uiuc.edu/all/ ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••